Happy Sunday Everyone!
Last week I had a “bad” weigh-in. The scale said I had gained nearly three pounds! I was like “Say wut?!” Sometimes deep down we know we “deserve” that weight gain, however I was really angry because I didn’t. I am not cheating by sneaking junk food and I’m not overeating or skipping workouts. So whats the deal? Frustrated, I brought it to the Lord in prayer and asked that the scale stay the same. When I got home from church, the scale changed it’s mind. The readout declared that there wasn’t a weight gain – and that I had stayed exactly the same. Thank you Lord!
I tried to think of anything that could possibly stall my weight loss and attempted to amend it. Not enough rest? Get in bed sooner. Bound up system? Detox drinks every morning. Could this not-quite-precisely measured 2 tbsps of lite dressing be a culprit? Make sure not to use all of it. Despite this rather anal mentality, I was more relaxed and kept my personal achievements in mind….
- I can wrap a regular towel around myself – instead of needing a bath sheet
- Noticeably slimmer thighs and ankles
- Slid a size 6 ring on my left ring finger (whoa)
- Less back fat
- Losing inches all over
- Surprised my swim instructor with how much my swimming has improved 😀
- My replacement clothes are getting loose and more items are ending up in the donation bag 🙂
- Getting more and more compliments on my appearance
- People are asking for my secret weight loss technique (lol!)
- An all around feeling of well being
We can’t rely on the scale to advise us of success because that number is just one small piece of a much bigger story. 🙂
This week I had a 2 pound loss bringing me to a total of 45 pounds lost since 1-1-2014. This means I have officially passed my 20% weight loss goal! 😀 😀 😀 Next step is to bring my BMI out of the obese category – which I’m really close to; then I’ll be working toward my 30%. 🙂
Thanks for reading!