It’s getting close to the end of December and my workload has just been doubled. There is so much to do and so little time to do it in – how can I enjoy the holidays???
While trying to de-stress and catch up on my internet-ing I came across this simple banner on Etsy…
It’s OK Banner by SecretHolidayCo
I immediately let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding. It’s OK. Everything will work out,you’ll see.
My workweeks have been anything but peaceful as of late and I have found that I have a chronic stress pain in my chest. So my goal this weekend is to take it as easy as possible. No it doesn’t mean I’m not doing anything but I am doing different things to switch up my routine and to relax myself physically.
1. Turning up music and singing along – loudly. Definitely something that is done while alone in my car. It is quite therapeutic.
2. Drinking a cold one well before bedtime. Having a beer or some wine helps to reduce stress. Drink moderately.
3. Browsing stores leisurely. When I go to a store I’m usually like “I need this!” and make a mad dash to that section then try to get in line as fast as possible. Today I spent some quality time looking a Grumpy Cat book and Life’s Little Destruction book. They may sound terrible but they aren’t meant to be taken seriously. Lighten up. 🙂
4. Eating breakfast slowly and afterwards staying for a refill on coffee. I’m pressed for time all week long and shove something down my throat during my commute to work.
5. Laughing. Highly therapeutic as well. My family held a game night at my brother’s house and we all were doing and saying silly things. The funniest parts are usually the reactions.
6. Purchasing a magazine and reading it. In general I think magazines are a waste of money and resources. As I am barely home during the week such literature isn’t read and ends up in the recycle bin. Today I decided to pick up a Woman’s Day magazine and actually read it cover to cover. It felt kinda good doing something different.
7. Sudoku. Back in my early college years I was addicted to Sudoku then after a year or so my fascination waned and I eventually decided to get rid of my collection of Sudoku books. So today I made a point of finishing a Sudoku puzzle that was *gasp* in the back of the magazine and I wrote in ink! I have a tendency to buy things for me and then feel that I shouldn’t maximize my enjoyment of the item. Like whoever ends up with it next is more deserving. Which is just stupid.
8. Browsing Etsy to learn something new about myself. I have come to realize that my favorite semi-precious stone is the rainbow moonstone. They are so pretty!
9. Taking interest in someone else’s interests. I actually was watching Ashens reviews on Youtube with my brother. Ashens is from GB and reviews items from Poundland and video games and eats many odd and ancient food items. He is a funny guy.
and 10. Using the interwebs for inspiration. I had seen the cover of a Japanese crochet book and was like “I could replicate that cover” and fired up Illustrator. After achieving what I was specifically targeting, I changed focus and made the below image.
I haven’t been drawing since I got out of training at work which is a shame. It feels like I have forgotten how. I’m not quite sure what is going to happen in the pages of this “book” but it was fun to do. :3
Now I am off to catch some Z’s and I hope your weekend is a peaceful one.
Thanks for reading!
Today was really – really…. no. Just no.
Last night I did a lot of tossing and turning; I had one of the most messed up stress dreams ever about Youmacon! The circumstances were so ludicrous that I know that I won’t have to worry about those things in particular, however it did bring to mind some questions and concerns that I do have and really need answered.
This nightmare has also spurred into action some preemptive measures to ward of some of this anxiety. For example, I am going to take a different way home from work tomorrow so that I will drive by Cobo Center in Detroit. I’ve been there for the Microsoft Vista Launch as well as several Auto Shows but have never driven there myself.
Also making plans on actually having some fun this year and getting to see some panels (Little Kuriboh!!!) so I have not just one but TWO helpers registered. And I’m planning on cosplaying something… Hopefully that works out. ^^
In addition to those things, I have also decided that I am borrowing all my sister’s rolling luggage. I am NOT carrying a plastic storage container through the registration line again especially not with creative cube pieces inside. -_-;;;
So there you have it; not all nightmares/stress dreams are a bad thing. I think mine has been quite helpful, don’t you?