My silicone baking mat just arrived so the time has come for me to try my hand at making macarons! 😀
The recipe I am following along with is from Preppy Kitchen.
Today is prerequisite day! I picked up missing ingredients and prepped the egg whites. They need to age and dehydrate for 24 hours so I will be making the macarons tomorrow afternoon. I also don’t own a food processor but I know who to borrow one from!
To prep the egg whites:
- Separate 3 egg whites from yolks
- Cover both containers with plastic wrap
- Poke holes in the plastic wrap for egg whites only
- Place both whites and yolks in fridge
- Pull out in 24 hours and let them stand until they reach room temperature
- …to be continued
Check back tomorrow for the exciting conclusion! XD
Thanks for reading!