Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Being culinar-ily disinclined, I have never made pie before. So this year I decided that in addition to my usual Thanksgiving contribution of Green Bean Casserole, I was going to surprise everyone by making a sweet potato pie. 🙂 No one in my family has ever made one, and I acquired a taste for it from working at a McDonald’s who sold them.
This decided, plans were then put into place on how to make this a reality. However while looking up recipes to compile my shopping list, pecan pie came up as a suggestion. I glanced at it and thought, Maybe another time. Stopping myself in my tracks, I asked Why not now? So I found a recipe for that.
As far as I’m aware, no one in my immediate family has made pecan pie either, so I decided to make both! :3
When I brought the pies to dinner this evening, they were well received, the pecan of course stealing the show. It was a lot of work, but so much fun and well worth the effort. I wonder what I’m going to make next… 😉
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!
Thanks for reading!
Golden Year Project: Complete!
Check out some of the nifty things I did down below!
- 2/14/2015: Oh Canada!
- 2/20/2015: Just do it! A Morning on the Slopes
- 2/28/2015: Facing the Rockwall
- 3/10-12/2015: The Amazing Chi-Town!
- 3/18/2015: On Target… or Not.
- 4/11/2015: The Tridge
- 4/17/2015: Play Me a Song
- 5/2/2015: Make a Run for It!
- 5/31/2015: Handy Dandy Eye Candy
- 7/2/2015: Tri-Harder
- 8/15/2015: Paddleboats
- 8/22/2015: Skateland West
- 11/6-7/2015: Always Be Prepared
- 11/26/2015: Did someone say pie?!