2014 is finally here! I hope everyone had a safe and joyful Christmas.
Today is the traditional day for the mother of all resolutions: The New Year’s Resolution. *collective gasp*
I really like new years resolutions because it helps me focus on what’s important to me. Do I successfully finish my list every year? No. Do I “mess up” and have to get back on track? Of course I do. The importance isn’t about perfectly executing whats on the list as it is being proactive and growing as a person to achieve those goals.
This year my goal is to form a healthier and more active lifestyle starting with some very basic foundation steps:
- Saying “No” with conviction
- Getting my morning started by getting my heart rate up. (Such as jogging in place while waiting for the coffee to finish brewing)
- Choosing a sport I would like to learn and pursue it. (Maru and I want to learn how to swim)
- Start power walking around the block – as weather allows (we currently have a foot of snow here)
- Learn how to make healthy meals at home.
- Do something different daily.
If you haven’t made your list yet I hope mine helps you plan yours!
Cheers to the new year!