Today I started my Sailor Collar with the help of my sister Maru. When I attempted to draft my own collar pattern a few weeks ago it was an epic fail so Maru found a basic pattern and modified it to my specifications.
Left is a sketch of the original diagram and the right is the modified diagram.
I used newsprint paper for my pattern and followed along with the measurements specified in the diagram. A ruler is a must!
After I cut out the pattern Maru had me try it on for size. The neck hole was too small so she added an extra half inch to each side.
Modifying the pattern
We discovered that it still wasn’t laying right, so we rounded the back and added darts in the shoulders.
Pattern complete! Almost time to start cutting.
Marking placement for the pins
Totally stoked! It’s starting to look like something!
Sadly that was all I had time to work on today, but I’m so happy to have it started! 😀
Thanks for reading!
I know I’ve been skipping around with my cosplay but it will come together. Really. No foolin’. ^^;